General Knowledge for kids
Here we can have a look at some of the randomly picked basic GK questions for kids of all ages.
GK Questions for kids between 9-12 years
When kids reach this age group they start learning new things, observe the changes around them, ans would want to find out the answer to their queries by knowing more about GK questions and much more. Apart from their classroom knowledge, they acquire general knowledge from books and internet too. Here are some interesting GK questions for kids between 9-12.
1. Who invented the computer?
Ans: Charles Babbage
2. Who is the inventor of Radio?
3. Who invented the telephone?
Ans: Alexander Graham Bell
4. Who discovered Penicillin in 1928?
Ans: Alexander Fleming
5. Who discovered electricity?
Ans: Benjamin Franklin
6. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
Ans: Leonardo da Vinci’s
7. Which day is observed as ‘World Literacy Day’?
Ans: September 8
8. Which day is observed as ‘World Environment Day’?
Ans: June 5
9. What do you call a type of shape that has five sides?
10. How many equal sides does an isosceles triangle have?
Ans: 2 (Two)
11. How many strings does a violin have?
12. How many planets are there in our solor system?
Ans: 8 (Eight)
The order of the planets in the solor system:
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.
13. How much of Earth’s surface is covered by ocean?
14. How many years are there in a millennium?
Ans: 1000 (One Thousand)
15. How many years are there in a century?
Ans: 100 (One Hundred)
16. How many people are there in the world?
Ans: Over 7 billion
17. How many players are there in a cricket team?
Ans: 11 (Eleven)
18. How many teeth does a healthy adult have including the wisdom teeth?
Ans: 32 (Thirty Two)
19. How many stars are there in the American flag?
Ans: 50 (Fifty)
20. Which way is anti-clockwise, left or right?
21. Which is the coldest location in the earth?
Ans: East Antarctica.
22. Which country is home to the Kangaroo?
23. Which continent is know as Dark Continent?
24. Which place is known as the roof of the world?
25. Which is the largest country in the world?
Ans: Russia (By area)
26. Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Ans: Pacific Ocean
27. Which is the hottest continent on Earth?
Africa is the hottest continent on Earth and 60% of the entire land surface consists of drylands and deserts.
28. Which is the continent with the most number of countries?
Africa is the continent that has the most countries. There are 54 countries on the African continent.
29. Which is the smallest continent in the worls?
30. Which is the fastest animal on the land?
31. Which gas is the most abundant in the earth’s atmosphere?
32. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
33. Which is the most common non-contagious disease in the world?
Ans: Tooth Decay
34. Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
35. What does the internet prefix WWW stand for?
Ans: World Wide Web